An introduction to AI
Transform your career
The ultimate resource for the professional software engineer.
Some sponsorships may be available
Who is this for?
This course is for you if you've ever asked yourself:
- How can I make my career bullet-proof?
- What method can give me the skills to consistently achieve results?
- Is it really possible to achieve software without bugs?
- What is the single most important task facing the software architect?
- What is the division of labor and responsibilities between the architect and the project manager?
- How much the architecture should be tied into the particulars of the underlying technology used, or for that matter, the specifics of the business?
- What is the hand-off point between the architect and the developers?
While many developers and managers have a clear idea regarding the characteristics, practices, and corresponding set of responsibilities of their roles, the picture is often vague when it comes to software architects.
This course teaches true leadership in design, process and technology.
Join other developers from reputable companies
who took the Architect's Master Class course.
Develop a brand new perspective
and upgrade your thinking.
5 Intense Days.
Immerse yourself with Senior Developers,
WHERE DOES THE MAGIC HAPPEN?
Aug 1-5, USA: Silicon Valley, CA
Aug 22-26, Europe: Transylvania, Romania
A legend in software engineering
Juval Löwy is the founder of IDesign and a master software architect. Over the past 20 years, Juval has led the industry with some of his ideas such as micro-services serving as the foundation of software design and development.
In his Master Classes Juval has mentored thousands of architects across the globe, sharing his insights, techniques, and breakthroughs, as well as how to take an active role as design and process leaders. Juval has helped hundreds of companies meet their commitments and participated in the Microsoft internal strategic design reviews for C# and related products.
Juval a frequent speaker at major international software development conferences. He is the author of several bestsellers, and his latest book is Righting Software (Addison-Wesley, 2019) contains his groundbreaking ideas on system and project design.
Juval has published numerous articles, regarding almost every aspect of modern software development and architecture. Microsoft recognized Juval as a Software Legend as one of the world’s top experts and industry leaders.
Juval on the role of the architect
Full Course Agenda
- Software development as engineering
- Types of architects
- The role of the architect
- Architects and technology
- Architects and the business
Microservices Development Process
- Design granularity effect on the project
- The design and the team
- Project design
- Composable design
- Quality control
- Design for performance
- Services simulation and emulation
- Peer reviews
- Development and design standards
- Metrics collection
- Management visibility
Introduction to Service-Orientation
- Why service orientation
- Service-oriented architecture
- Service-oriented applications
Service Contract Design and Factoring
- Service contract design
- Contract factoring techniques
- Contract metrics
Design and Architecture
- The IDesign Method
- Classic mistakes
- Volatility-Based decomposition
- Universal design principles
- The architect’s challenge
- Axes of volatility
- Design sample
- Volatility and the business
- Open and closed architecture
- Structure with clients, managers, engines, resource access and utilities
- Design validation
- Containing changes
- Design Don’ts
- Every class as a service?
- Performance consideration and perspective
- The future platform
The Actor Model
- Past and future of software engineering
- Moore’s Law demise
- Mesh computing
- What are actors
- Actors market drivers
- Messaging design patterns
- Implementation guidelines
- Actors misconceptions
Agile and Design
- Agile in the wild
- Skills and Agile development
- Design as key to agility
- Agile as assembly process
- Agile and lean manufacturing
- Compressing agile projects
- What about Monday
- The pitfall of Groupthink
- Architect as agent of change
Frequently Asked questions
We have 2 editions for 2022:
(only a few places remaining)
- Aug 1-5, Silicon Valley, California
- Aug 22-26 – Transylvania, Romania
Yes, you will receive a certification of completion from Lateral Institute of Technology in partnership with IDesign.
All training materials (a very thick manual) and five intense, back to back days.
Yes. We have a limited amount of corporate sponsorships available.
A resume and a few paragraphs that describe why you should be considered as part of this program.
Why should you do this?
Become indispensable to your organization.
Create 10x more value to your business.
Learn breakthroughs in software engineering
Transform your career by changing the way you develop software.
Join the next Architect's Master Class.
Apply for the next Architect’s Masterclass by clicking the button below.